You MUST try these cookies. They are so good. I ended up freezing half of my dough. This recipe yields 6 dozen cookies! I baked mine for only 9 minutes and they turned out perfect. Even though they look like they're not done, they are. If you over cook them they will turn out too dry and cake like. Let me know what you think if you end up making them.
* 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 cups butter, softened- 4 sticks
* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
* 4 eggs
* 1 tbsp vanilla extract
* 1 bag chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.