You MUST try these cookies. They are so good. I ended up freezing half of my dough. This recipe yields 6 dozen cookies! I baked mine for only 9 minutes and they turned out perfect. Even though they look like they're not done, they are. If you over cook them they will turn out too dry and cake like. Let me know what you think if you end up making them.
* 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 2 cups butter, softened- 4 sticks
* 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
* 4 eggs
* 1 tbsp vanilla extract
* 1 bag chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Sift together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.
Do you think this is beautiful? Me too! I am trying to win a contest from Timasart Studio. The one who gets the most comments wins. Her shop is beautiful! Everything is handmade. She is an extremely talented woman. Her shop is out of Turkey but her shipping is very reasonable. Are you interested in buying, following her blog, sharing tweets, or special offers? Here are her links. Oh and don't forget to leave a comment here (or 10 comments if you want!) telling me what you like, that you follow her blog, or anything you want!! :)
Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/timasartstudio
Personal Tweets: http://twitter.com/fatoum
Special Offers: http://twitter.com/fatimasolmazgul
So now I know what they mean when people talk about getting into schools shouldn't be a lottery drawing. Well, unfortunately, for us it is. We've applied for 3 schools and all of them are choice enrollment, meaning we are put into a lottery with all the other children hoping to get in. And we'll see who makes it in. Our assigned school is horrible. They scored a 4 out of 10 on greatschools.org. Not ok with me at all. I narrowed it down to 3 schools within 5 miles of our house after about 15 hours of research this last week. "Who ever though it would be so difficult," another lady trying to enroll her child said to me today. I totally agree. I am optimistic she will get into one of them! Hopefully!! At least the first part is over. We are only looking for a half day and no preference if it's AM or PM, somebody's got to accept us :).
I can't believe it's time to sign up my baby for kindergarden all ready! Who knew it would be so hard though! Luckily we have open enrollment in our county. The school we're interested in has 40 on the open enrollment list in front of us though! But there's probably 50+ elementary schools within 5 miles of us!! Wow...